Q: Do you own and manage your own servers?
A: Yes, we own and manage all of our own servers.
Q: Are your Servers located in Portland Oregon?
A: Yes, all of our servers are located in a state of the art data center in downtown portland. Take a tour of the data center
Q: Is your support staff local or do you outsource to a call center?
A: All of our support is local, everyone is located in the Portland Metro area. Hence the reason for our trademarked slogan, "Where local support still exists ! "
Q: What are your policies regarding bulk emailing?
Q: What are your polices regarding adult,escort, and pornographic web sites?
A: They are not allowed on our business network. Read Hosting Policies
Q: How long does it take to setup a new hosting account?
A: New shared hosting accounts are set up in less than 2 business hours from receiving payment. Once your account is setup, you will be sent an email with your account login
information and email setup instructions.
Q: Do you offer SSH access on your shared hosting accounts?
A: Yes we do, you will need to call or email us to get the SSH information. Email Us
or Call: 503-775-1535
Q: Do you offer IMAP email in the shared hosting accounts?
A: Yes, you have both POP3 & IMAP access to your email boxes.
Q: Do your shared hosting servers have anti-virus and spam filtering?
A: Yes, all of our servers have anti-virus running on them and all shared hosting accounts have spam filtering which is configurable through your control panel.
Q: How are your servers backed up?
A: All our shared servers have RAID disk mirroring in the event the main hardrive fails. Then all accounts are backed up off the servers at nightly, weekly, and monthly increments. However, since our backup system is configured to recover entire accounts and entire servers in the event of failure, we would not be able to restore a single web page in your account that you may have accidentally deleted. Therefore we strongly advise you to back your own data (If you are building your own web sites), or talk to us about our monthly maint/backup/restoration plan.
Q: What are the steps to move my web site to PDX Web Hosting with minimal downtime?
- If you are using cPanel©, Plesk©, or Webmin/Virtualmin you can make a backup from inside the control panel which can then be used to instantly import all your web pages, databases, email accounts into our servers.
- IF you are NOT using any of the control panels listed above, then backup any web site files and databases from your current site. Write down all of the email account addresses you have set up on your current server.
- Sign up, or call us 503-775-1535 to setup your new web hosting account.
- Once we receive payment and a signed copy of our hosting policies, we'll set up your account and send you a hosting account access email. This will contain your FTP login information, control panel login information and a temporary URL where you can see your site before you point your domain name to our name servers.
- Upload your web site files and setup your database on our servers.
Set up your email accounts using your new account's control panel.
- Check that your site is rendering in a browser using the temporary URL.
- IF you registered your domain names with PDX, You can SKIP step # 8. You are already pointed to our servers.
- IF you registered your domain name with another company: Login to where your domain name is registered and change the name servers on your domain name to the 2 name servers in your account setup email you received. After you add our name servers and apply changes/save, the DNS changes can take 24 to 72 hours to fully update.